Current Job Offerings
Cassling is an equal opportunity employer, offering a dynamic,
state-of-the-art work environment with a competitive compensation and
Field Service Engineer 1 - Des Moines, IA
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to improve business and operating results by providing the installation, maintenance and repair of all equipment sold by or contracted by Cassling. The position has direct impact on the delivery of quality customer service.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Capable of learning to service and install the Cassling full product line including Vascular, CT, Nuclear, MRI, and Radiation Therapy.
- Repair diagnostic equipment and other related equipment and accessories.
- Perform periodic maintenance inspections as stated by either the contract or the customer.
- Install and/or removal of new and/or used equipment.
- Responsible for completing all appropriate and necessary paper work associated with equipment installation, service and replacement.
- Coordinate efforts with supervisor in order to anticipate future service needs.
- Must be willing to provide the following information to hospitals upon request: immunization records, drug screening, background check, training records.
Education, Experience and Skills & Abilities
- Education: Minimum of a two-year degree in electronics (Technical school or Associates Degree) or equivalent.
- Experience: Medical imaging industry Field Service experience preferred but not required.
- Skills & Abilities Required:
- Travel to training locations by airline, which may include locations outside of the United States.
- Successful completion of any appropriate Manufacturers Schools (1 to 6 weeks in duration).
- Proficient use of hand tools required.
- Work with required equipment.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, orally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain acceptable DMV (motor vehicle) record as described in Fleet Policy.
- Work in a relatively unstructured environment in which priorities constantly change.
- Wear a cell phone and work "on call".
- Field Service Engineers are required to be available for scheduled and unscheduled service calls on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis. Certain circumstances, i.e. vacations, personal/ family emergencies, etc. are exceptions and coverage must be arranged between the FSE and his / her manager.
- Lift minimum 80 pounds, climb ladders, work with chemicals, high voltage, and blood and human excrement on equipment.
- Perform mechanical tasks.
- Unload, move, and assemble heavy equipment.
- Physical stamina to stand approximately 80% of the working day.
- Work long hours, which are not always scheduled or structured.
- Must be able to drive long distances and stay overnight as necessary.
- A team player, cooperative.
- Required to remain drug free and abide by Drug Free Workplace policy.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Human Resources.