Omaha, Neb. (March 25, 2011) – The Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) is honoring Cassling as the recipient of the Platinum Well Workplace Award. The Platinum Award represents the pinnacle of results-oriented worksite wellness programming and is the highest honor bestowed to a company for its wellness program.
Cassling joins an elite group of organizations and is one of only 37 companies in the nation to receive this designation since its inception in 2001. Members of the Cassling wellness committee will accept the award at the Wellness Council of the Midlands (WELCOM) Well Workplace Awards Luncheon on Thursday, April 21 at the Qwest Center Omaha.
Cassling earned its first designation in 2004 as a Bronze Well Workplace and never looked back. "We see wellness as a key part of our strong culture and believe investing in the health and well being of our employees and their families is a great way to give back," said Cassling President and CEO Mike Cassling. "The work doesn't stop here. We will continue pushing forward to support wellness and health behaviors through educating and empowering employees to take charge of their health."
Since launching a wellness program in 2000, Cassling enrollment has increased from 20 percent to its highest enrollment to date at 95 percent. Cassling's program focuses on improving the mind, body and soul by providing several resources, programs and incentives to increase overall health and wellness for employees and their families.
Cassling wellness benefits include:
- Access to educational and motivational resources through the company intranet
- A $150 community stipend to finance participation in community wellness events
- Up to a $500 wellness stipend to fund wellness activities and purchases
- Two private sessions with a registered dietitian
- A minimum of four incentive programs with motivational and participation prizes
- Health premium discount for qualified members
- Personalized healthy lifestyle coaching and annual health screening
Cassling is a full-line sales and service distributor for Siemens Healthcare. Founded in 1984 as Cassling Diagnostic Imaging, the company helps health-care organizations in Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota and select counties in Illinois and Missouri, strengthen health care in their communities.