This presentation will provide an overview of contrast media use in medical imaging. Viewers will learn about the different types of contrast media, both positive and negative, as well as rules for their appropriate use. Osmosis and its relationship to iodinated ionic and non-ionic contrast agents will be discussed, and best practices for identification and treatment of adverse reactions will be outlined.
After participating in this session, the attendee will be able to:
- Distinguish positive and negative contrast agents.
- Define the different types of contrast media and their uses.
- Differentiate between ionic and non-ionic contrast media.
- Describe the different methods of contrast media administration.
- Identify and respond to adverse reactions.